There are no items in your shopping bag. Yet.
CA SUPPLY CHAINS ACT
The California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 was designed to ensure that manufacturers and large retailers provide consumers with information regarding their efforts to eradicate slavery and human trafficking from their supply chains, to educate consumers on how to purchase goods produced by companies that responsibly manage their supply chains, and thereby, to improve the lives of victims of slavery and human trafficking. Slavery and human trafficking are issues that we take very seriously. Serena & Lily therefore makes the following disclosures pursuant to the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act:
- We have developed and implemented a legal vendor compliance program for suppliers to help verify that the goods we sell are not produced using prison, forced labor or child labor. Serena & Lily requires all suppliers to certify compliance with our Vendor Code of Conduct, including that their facilities provide workers with a safe and healthy work environment and that the supplier is in compliance with all occupational health, safety and environmental protection laws. Our suppliers must certify compliance as part of the new vendor onboarding process and each time they ship products to us. Currently, although we work with suppliers that we believe are reputable and who have made the commitments identified above, we do not independently verify a supplier’s certification regarding how the products in their supply chain were produced.
- Serena & Lily specifically reserves the right to inspect a supplier’s facilities at any time to confirm their compliance with prohibitions on human trafficking and slavery. We can perform this inspection ourselves or through a third-party, and may it be announced or unannounced depending on the circumstances.
- Our suppliers certify that the materials in their products comply with all laws of the countries in which they do business, including laws respecting anti-slavery and human trafficking. They make this certification to Serena & Lily each time they provide products to us for sale to our customers.
- We will hold suppliers accountable if they fail to meet our standards against slavery and human trafficking. We will cease doing business with a supplier that violates these standards and may take other appropriate action.
- Serena & Lily also endeavors to keep our employees informed of the risks of human trafficking and slavery in a supply chain. Our employees and contractors are expected to conduct business in a legal and ethical manner. Failure to comply with these standards may result in disciplinary action.