There are no items in your shopping bag. Yet.
General Warehouse Associate
Serena & Lily is seeking General Warehouse Associates to provide full-scope of operational support for our Distribution Center activities including but not limited to: Shipping, Receiving, Order Picking, Order Packing, Returns Processing, Report Generation, Quality Control, Item Put-Away, Inventory Control and general workplace maintenance. There are two shifts: Monday through Friday 7:00 am -3:30 pm and 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. We also require some Saturday availability to help support our month end activities.
Goals and Objectives:
- Work as directed by warehouse operations supervisors and managers and in support of the Serena & Lily mission, goals and values.
- Increase order picking and packing efficiency through use of best-practices and ever increasing product knowledge.
- Processing of customer returns, special projects, and incorporating technology to streamline supply chain processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist shipping and receiving, unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing.
- Reading customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed and/or shipped.
- Moving materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sorting and placing materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Filling requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
- Ensuring warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic.
- Assembling customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or relocating orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Marking materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Opening bales, crates, and other containers.
- Recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program.
- Assisting in counting of physical inventory.
- Weighing and counting items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Completing requisition forms to order supplies from other departments.
- Preparing parcels for mailing.
- Sweeping, dusting, and mopping.
- Organizing warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Wearing the proper safety equipment.
- Complete assignments with the use of RF equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above and below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability, as well as physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Three months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Forklift, Reach Truck, and Order Picker equipment certification a plus. Must have the ability to learn and become certified
- Knowledge of Netsuite software and shipping via FedEx ship manager, UPS, etc. a plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Written and verbal English language skills required.
If you are passionate about this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume along with a cover letter telling us why you are the one to for this role.