There are no items in your shopping bag. Yet.
Serena & Lily is searching for an Inventory Planner for our fast-growing multi-channel retail business at our beautiful Sausalito Headquarters location. Inventory Planners are responsible for the generation and management of Serena and Lily’s product forecasts and managing inventory. You will interact on a regular basis with Merchandising and Sourcing to manage the strategic financial plans by category. Other responsibilities include analyzing historical product performance and current business trends to support seasonal merchandise/assortment planning and identifying risk and opportunities by category; conducting in-season performance tracking, reporting, and analysis; and managing processes to meet inventory and fulfillment goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage sales, gross margin, receipts and inventory to achieve company’s financial goals
- Forecast and present monthly open to buy to the leadership team and hit divisional financial plans
- Develop, execute and communicate color and size plans and inventory buys that support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives and strategies of a category
- Collaborate with merchant team to create item level forecasts that align to our pre-season strategies
- Work with sourcing and merchant teams to manage backorders and achieve in stock goals
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and maximize sales
- Manage product life-cycle with profitable clearance strategies
- Support a collaborative, innovative, and results-oriented environment with peers and cross-functional team resulting in shared best practices
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Possesses a clear understanding of financial measurements which could include: sales, gross margin, gross margin return on investment, weeks on hand, weeks of supply, etc. and how to positively impact these metrics
- Demonstrate strong presentation skills. Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into conclusions and recommendations in oral and written formats.
- Collaborates with peers and cross functional partners to share best practices and develop strategic knowledge.
- Flexible and energized to work in a fast changing environment.
- Results focused.
- Minimum 3 to 4 years inventory management experience
- Four year college degree or equivalent experience required
If you are passionate about this opportunity, please email email@example.com. Please include your resume and portfolio along with a cover letter telling us why you are the one for this role.