There are no items in your shopping bag. Yet.
Assistant Store Leader – Palm Beach Design Shop
Founded in 2003, Serena & Lily is headquartered in lovely Sausalito, California, just a few minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge. Our design shops (in ten cities and counting) reflect the individual spirit of their locations, allowing customers to experience our brand in a variety of distinctive settings.
We’re currently on the hunt for creative thinkers and problem-solvers. Team players and self-starters. Want to join the mix?
Summary of Role:
Serena & Lily is seeking an Assistant Store Leader to be part of the leadership team of our Palm Beach Design Shop. The Assistant Store Leader is responsible for assisting store leadership in establishing and maintaining client services, oversees and is accountable for the operation of a store ensuring maximum sales and profitability through merchandising, inventory, expense control, human resources management, and managing operating costs and shrinkage. The Assistant Store Leader coordinates the receiving, shipping, and product storage systems, improving operations and supporting the frontline staff. Candidates must have FT availability including weekday, weekend and holidays.
- Master, teach and hold team accountable for embodying and operating by the Serena & Lily Brand Ethos (Innovation, Style, Integrity, Optimism, Expressiveness, Confidence & Appreciation.)
- Ensure that each client and/or designer receives outstanding client service by providing a warm, friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every client, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of client service.
- Follow up on all orders, order flow, receipt of goods, transfers and troubleshoot when necessary to solve any issues.
- Manage associates in conjunction with the Store Leader in daily aspect of driving sales and running the business.
- Assist store leadership team in daily store operations, including opening, closing, banking, inventory receipt and transfers.
- Establish and maintain stockroom standards to facilitate selling floor, including minor facility maintenance.
- Assist in the leadership of merchandise stock levels, merchandise adjacencies and presentations; signing, and assortment in all departments; ensure selling floor is adequately stocked. Lead and maintain visual standards of the store, per home office directives.
- Anticipate, plan, and execute supply ordering and selling floor replenishment as a key component of the customer experience.
- Manage inbound receiving and outbound shipments.
- Maintain visual standards of the store, per home office directive.
- Coach, counsel and continually develop staff with Store Leader and Head of Customer Service Experience.
- Any other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by Leadership.
Essential Skill Requirements:
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and inspire team to achieve excellence
- Proven ability to deliver excellent client service standard and ability to lead best practice implementation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to ask questions and seek solutions; self - starter
- Microsoft Windows proficiency, especially Word and Excel
- 1-3 years of retail leadership experience, interiors/home furnishings field preferred or 1-3 years as a Store Associate at Serena & Lily
- Inventory management or warehouse experience preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong sense of personal style
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Ability to process information and merchandise through computer system and POS system.
- Ability to communicate with associates and clients.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing 0-50 pounds.
- Ability to work varied hours/days to oversee store operations
If you are passionate about this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume and portfolio, if applicable, along with a cover letter telling us why you are the one to for this role.