There are no items in your shopping bag. Yet.
We are seeking a full-time, in-house Copywriter to join our growing Creative team. In this role, you will write and maintain product descriptions for our website and packaging, providing product copy that aligns with our brand’s editorial voice and design point of view. Working closely with the Copy Director – as well as Product Design, Merchandising, Sourcing, and Ecomm teams – you will capture key design stories, and product features and benefits, for each new product we launch. You will also gather and track product information with help from cross-functional teams to ensure all product copy is complete, informative, and accurate. As one of our brand writers, you will be an important contributor to Serena & Lily’s content and customer experience, crafting copy that is brand-appropriate, engaging, and empathetic to the customer journey/mindset. This position reports to the Copy Director.
- Work closely with the Copy Director to write product copy that aligns with our editorial voice and POV, while understanding the overall brand objectives for a given design.
- Own the tracking and gathering of all product information from internal partners. (Internal teams will be responsible for gathering initial PI sheets from external vendors.)
- Assimilate insights from product meetings, spec sheets, and brand editorials to write copy that helps customers better understand our product features and key value propositions.
- Partner with the Ecomm and Copy teams to launch and QA product detail pages for every new product and season we launch.
- Be responsible for the upkeep/revisions of carryover product pages, as necessitated by product extensions or as requested by business category owners.
- Support larger brand and business objectives while helping to position our products.
- Write packaging copy (swatch cards, hang tags, assembly instructions) as needed for product launches throughout the year.
- Help build catalog proofs each season (approx 8-9 per calendar year).
- Assist the Copy Director with product naming.
- Maintain the Style Guide for PDP copy.
- Must have a strong portfolio, including product copy written for other brands.
- A college degree in writing, English, communications, advertising, or related field is preferred.
- 2-5 years of relevant copywriting experience.
- An interest in creative marketing is a plus; experience writing for a home brand is preferred.
- Shows a passion for storytelling.
- Proven project management skills.
- Detail- and deadline-driven.
- Able to multitask and comfortable with a fast-paced, creative, collaborative environment.
- Works well independently, but also comfortable taking direction from others.
- Creative thinker who is curious about product and interior design.
If you are passionate about this opportunity, please email email@example.com include your resume and portfolio, along with a cover letter telling us why you are the one to for this role.