There are no items in your shopping bag. Yet.
Summit Design Shop Leader
Summary of Role:
We are looking for a Design Shop Leader for our Summit, NJ Design Shop. The Design Shop Leader is responsible for establishing and maintaining client services, oversees and is accountable for the operation of a store ensuring maximum sales and profitability through merchandising, inventory, expense control, human resources management, and managing operating costs and shrinkage. Candidates must have FT availability including weekday, weekend and holidays.
- Master, teach and hold team accountable for embodying and operating by the Serena & Lily Brand Ethos (Innovation, Style, Integrity, Optimism, Expressiveness, Confidence & Appreciation.)
- Ensure Brand Expression is conveyed appropriately at all times
- Ensure that each client and/or designer receives outstanding client service by providing a warm, friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every client, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of client service.
- Master and teach product knowledge and brand design inspiration.
- Create a warm, welcoming, inspiring on brand client experience
- Provide relevant design advice, product knowledge and product recommendations
- Follow up on all orders, order flow, receipt of goods, transfers and troubleshoot when necessary to solve any issues.
- Analyze and measure business trends; develop and implement plans to maximize sales and meet or exceed goals and objectives. Grow client base, including designer outreach. Course correct as needed.
- Coach, counsel and continually develop staff; works with Head of Retail Stores/Head of People Success on performance planning/potential employee terminations.
- Continually evaluate and react to performance issues and actively recruit sales & leadership candidates.
- Control shrink, expenses, and payroll.
- Maintain appropriate staffing level.
- Ensure appropriate merchandise stock levels, merchandise adjacencies and presentations; signing, and assortment in all departments; ensure selling floor is adequately stocked. Lead and maintain visual standards of the store, per home office directives.
- Be knowledgeable about the marketplace; comparison shop and be aware of design trends
- Uphold and monitor compliance to company policies and procedures –maintain operational excellence.
- Serve as a liaison in communication between the store and home office.
- Lead in home design consultation process.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by Leadership.
Essential Skill Requirements:
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and inspire team to achieve excellence
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals through solid business planning
- Proven ability to deliver excellent client service standard and ability to lead best practice implementation
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to ask questions and seek solutions; self-starter
- Meticulous organization and attention to detail
- Ability to manage conflict through to solution
- Microsoft Windows proficiency, especially Word and Excel
- 5-7 years of retail leadership experience, interiors/home furnishings field preferred
- Architecture or design experience preferred
- Contemporary sense of style and culture
- Strong contacts in and knowledge of the local interior design community is preferred
- Or a minimum of 2 years of relevant business experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong sense of personal style
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Ability to process information and merchandise through computer system and POS system.
- Ability to communicate with associates and clients.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing 0-50 pounds.
- Ability to work varied hours/days to oversee store operations
If you are passionate about this opportunity, please email email@example.com. Please include your resume and portfolio, if applicable, along with a cover letter telling us why you are the one to for this role.