There are no items in your shopping bag. Yet.
Warehouse Assistant Manager
Assistant Warehouse Manager who possesses strong management skills, is able to efficiently organize and direct a large employee teams performing various tasks on multiple shifts. Organizational skills are required as work centers on the organization of people, inventory and financial planning.
Goals and Objectives:
- Safety: Lead by example by strict adherence to Safety rules and practices.
- Quality: Protect our brand and our product from mishandling and carelessness.
- Provide full-scope of operational support for general warehouse activities including, but not limited to: Shipping, Receiving, Order Picking, Order Packing, Returns Processing, Report Generation, Quality Control, Item Put-Away, Inventory Control and general workplace maintenance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safety: Adhere to all safety rules and practices, and through coaching and direct supervision.
- Receipt of POs including unloading trucks/ocean containers and inventory put-away.
- Process, pick, pack and ship all orders and order types in an efficient manner.
- Provide full Operations support to DC Operations, peers and external departments as necessary.
- Process or supervise processing of all returns in a timely manner and coordinate with Customer Service to solve any/all returns issues.
- Receive furniture sales orders via applications as selected by Serena & Lily.
- Request shipments from appropriate carriers.
- Monitor associate performance in assigned areas and/or functions. Coach, shadow, and correct or congratulate your team.
- For assigned functions, perform basic work planning and personnel assignment.
- Exhibit appropriate leadership and followership qualities in a dynamic team environment.
- Contribute effectively to Safety Meetings, Facility Performance Reviews, and to problem-solving activities within assigned functions.
- Warehouse Managers will assign and delegate operational tasks and employee responsibilities to Assistant Warehouse Manager as necessary to support the business. Warehouse Managers are responsible for the training and professional development of Asst. Warehouse Managers. This will allow for both personal and professional growth.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Have experience using a warehouse management system
- Ability to follow complex written and/or verbal instructions
- Ability to make independent decisions after determination of relevant facts
- Ability to effectively communicate simple written or verbal instructions to associates
- Moderate computer skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and to make use of appropriate warehouse material handling equipment, as necessary
- Ability to respectfully communicate effectively with vendors, shippers, and co-workers.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Forklift experience desired
- Have completed continuous improvement courses
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is highly preferred skill
- Associates Degree or 3+ years experience as Warehouse Assistant Warehouse Manager or equivalent combination.
If you are passionate about this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume, along with a cover letter telling us why you are the one to for this role.