There are no items in your shopping bag. Yet.
General Warehouse Associate
Serena & Lily is seeking General Warehouse Associates to provide full-scope of operational support for our Distribution Center activities including but not limited to: Shipping, Receiving, Order Picking, Order Packing, Returns Processing, Report Generation, Quality Control, Item Put-Away, Inventory Control and general workplace maintenance. The DC operates from 7:00am to 6:00pm, with associates assigned shifts as required for the team or function they are supporting. Occasional Saturday operations are required.
Goals and Objectives:
- Safety: Contribute to a safe work place in whatever role you are assigned.
- Quality: Handle product with care and attention at all times.
- Increase order picking and packing efficiency through use of best-practices and ever increasing product knowledge.
- Processing of customer returns, special projects, and incorporating technology to streamline supply chain processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist shipping and receiving, unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing.
- Reading customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed and/or shipped.
- Moving materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sorting and placing materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Filling requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
- Assembling customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or relocating orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Marking materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Opening bales, crates, and other containers.
- Recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program.
- Assisting in counting of physical inventory.
- Weighing and counting items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Completing requisition forms to order supplies from other departments.
- Preparing parcels for mailing.
- Sweeping, dusting, and mopping.
- Organizing warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Complete assignments with the use of RF equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above and below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability, as well as physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Three months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to use and understand carrier and company computer shipping, receiving, and replenishment equipment utilizing RF
- Forklift, Reach Truck, and Order Picker equipment certification a plus. Must have the ability to learn and become certified
- Knowledge of Netsuite software and shipping via FedEx ship manager, UPS, etc. a plus.
- Written and verbal English language skills required
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
If you are passionate about this opportunity, please email email@example.com. Please include your resume, along with a cover letter telling us why you are the one to for this role.