There are no items in your shopping bag. Yet.
General Warehouse Associate
Serena & Lily is seeking General Warehouse Associate to provide full-scope of operational support for our Distribution Center activities including but not limited to: Shipping, Receiving, Order Picking, Order Packing, Returns Processing, Report Generation, Quality Control, Item Put-Away, Inventory Control and general workplace maintenance. There are two shifts: Monday through Friday 7:00 am -3:30 pm and 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. We also require some Saturday availability to help support our month end activities.
Goals and Objectives:
- Embody and operate by the Serena & Lily Brand Ethos (Innovation, Style, Integrity, Optimism, Expressiveness, Confidence & Appreciation.)
- Work as directed by warehouse operations supervisors and managers and in support of the Serena & Lily mission, goals and values.
- Increase order picking and packing efficiency through use of best-practices and ever increasing product knowledge.
- Processing of customer returns, special projects, and incorporating technology to streamline supply chain processes.
Essential Skill Requirements:
- Assist shipping and receiving, unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing.
- Reading customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed and/or shipped.
- Moving materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sorting and placing materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Filling requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
- Ensuring warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic.
- Assembling customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or relocating orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Marking materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Opening bales, crates, and other containers.
- Recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program.
- Assisting in counting of physical inventory.
- Weighing and counting items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Completing requisition forms to order supplies from other departments
- Preparing parcels for mailing.
- Organizing warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Wearing the proper safety equipment.
- Complete assignments with the use of RF equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Three months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to use and understand carrier and company computer shipping, receiving, and replenishment equipment utilizing RF.
- Forklift, Reach Truck, and Order Picker equipment certification a plus. Must have the ability to learn and become certified.
- Knowledge of Netsuite software and shipping via FedEx ship manager, UPS, etc. a plus.
- Written and verbal English language skills required.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area, and register area.
If you are passionate about this opportunity, please email email@example.com. Please include your resume and portfolio, if applicable, along with a cover letter telling us why you are the one to for this role.